I KNOW, I am not the only one who has ever asked these questions.
WHY can't people just be themselves? AndWhy cant they STOP playing their childish games?
I have never been in competition with ANYONE, and I believe, I am too old to start now. LOL!
I am the one and only, the original version of me...lol.
Guess what? I decided many years ago, that I would never be a fake or phony. I am the real deal. You see, you have a choice, you get to choose whether you will love me or not. I'll accept your decision, but dont make the mistake of thinking you can continue to waltz in and out of my heart and life, when you choose to. Access will be denied. Move on, IF you can't or won't LOVE me sincerely, honestly and truthfully with all of your heart.
But, if you say you you LOVE me, then you have to LOVE everything about me, or else your LOVE is based on a condition, and CONDITIONAL LOVE IS NOTHING!
It simply means you do not LOVE me at all! Wouldn't you agree?
I have always been myself, and I will always, alway been me!
I have not changed. Perhaps you have.
Yes, I am confident through Jesus, and I will continue to be who I am.
So, why don't you JUST BE YOU?!
People will like you more, IF you will just be honest and truthful with them.
Perhaps you will find that they will love you more by just by being you!
You can't be me, and I do not desire to be you.
I am already taken and my shoes fit my feet, perfectly.
I am me, and I am the best at being me.
You may think I am boasting or bragging...I am, but not because of me...it is only IN and through Jesus Christ that I can say these things.
Another reason I say these things, is because, you do not know the cost of the oil in my Alabaster Box. No, you don't know the cost of my praise. And because I do know this, it is how I KNOW, who and what I am today.
Because, I BELIEVED and I fully TRUSTED GOD with my life as a small child. Yes, way back then, and I TRUST HIM. HE has never failed me yet... that is why I trust HIM MORE today, than I did yesterday.
HE showed me at a very early age, that I belong to HIM.
NO, I never said I was perfect. Yes, I have made plenty of mistakes in my life, and I am grateful, Oh yes, I am, I thank God for granting forgiveness to me, each time I carried my wounded, bleeding heart and soul to HIM. As I was falling at HIS feet HE WAS and HE IS STILL FAITHFUL TO me.
I know this... IF I should stumble and fall today...I am convinced that IF I ask, for forgiveness, I will be forgiven. Thank you FATHER, for the precious blood that still flows from Emmanuel's veins, that washes away all of our sins, and makes us as white as the fresh fallen snow.
Since HE is the Potter, we are HIS clay. HE picks us up all of the fragments of our brokenness, HE does not throw us away, HE lovingly places us upon HIS wheel. Remodeling, molding and making something beautiful out of us even though we are an old broken vessel. HE chips away all of the rough edges, and fills in the cracks, smoothing us, as he is forming us into HIS image.
I am GRATEFUL knowing that HE STILL Loves and cares so much about us, to never leave us in our brokenness, but HE will continually hold us in HIS hands.
It is then that we become a new creation in HIM. The old is gone, and the new has come! All things new!
Yes, I am still who HE says I am.
Yes, told me to look in my mirror again this morning. He gently spoke to my heart and HE told me, "My Daughter, You Are My BELOVED, You Are MINE! You Are ACCEPTED. You Are BLESSED, And You Are HIGHLY FAVORED."
Then HE SAID, "You Are My Child, You Are BEYOUTIFULLYOU." I believe HIM!
HE also said, " You have a destiny to fulfill. My plan for you was from the beginning of time. So don't you worry or fret over another person's opinion of you, because I have already validated you, for I bought you with a price."
You can believe HIM too!
YES, I am the original. I am unique. I am the best, one and only me. HE calls me beautiful, and HE calls me by my name.
Teaching by DeVonne Reed.
I am grateful, I had the opportunity to share this message, many years ago while standing behind my Daddy's pulpit.
What an honor it was!
• What is GOD declared to be?
1 John 4:8, 16.
GOD IS LOVE!
• How great is GOD's Love for the world?
For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
• How is GOD'S love manifested?
1 John 4:9.
In this was "manifested" the love of GOD toward us because that GOD sent HIS only begotten Son into the world that "we might live through HIM"
•What can we confidently expect from HIS great Love?
He that spared not HIS own Son but delivered Him up for us all how shall He not with HIM also "freely give us all things?"
• What relationship does GOD'S love bring to us?
1 John 3:1-2.
Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us that we should be called the "sons of GOD"
therefore the world knoweth us not because it knew Him not. Beloved NOW are we the sons of GOD and it doth not yet appear what we shall be but we know that when He shall appear we shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is.
For as many as are LED by the Spirit of GOD they ARE the sons of GOD. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear but ye have received the Spirit of Adoption whereby we cry Abba Father.
• How do we know we are His?
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are "the Children of GOD"
• How is His love supplied to us as believers?
And hope maketh not ashamed because the love of GOD is shed abroad in our hearts by the "Holy Ghost" which is given unto us.
• How do we show GOD our appreciation of His love?
How excellent is thy loving kindness O GOD! Therefore "the children of men put their TRUST" under the shadow of thy wings.
• In view of GOD'S great love what should our attitude be toward others?
Beloved if GOD so loved us we ought also to love one another.
• What is GOD'S love able to do for us?
Deuteronomy 23:5 b)
but the LORD thy GOD turned the curse into a blessing unto thee because the LORD thy GOD loved thee.
• What shall separate us from GOD'S love?
Nay in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us, for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from THE LOVE OF GOD, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
• How enduring is GOD'S love to us?
Jeremiah 31:3. a)
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an EVERLASTING LOVE.
So what's love got to do with it? EVERYTHING!!!!
GOD IS MY ENDLESS LOVE!!!
Picturing, HIS great love in my mind. I see...a crown of thorns, an old rugged cross and three nails.
Psalm 27:1, 4-8, 13-14 KJV
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
4. One thing have I desired of the Lord , that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord , and to enquire in his temple.
5. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord .
7. Hear, O Lord , when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8. When thou saidst , Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord , will I seek.
13. I had fainted , unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14. Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord .
You Are Loved Defined
By: DeVonne Reed
February 9th, 2016
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Do you know what matters the most?
You and I are defined by GOD, and by Him alone. We are God's children, He created us just like He chose to, and how it pleased Him! He KNEW us!
He LOVED us before we were born.
We are loved, and we are known by Him, the ONE who created you and I!
There will always be people who try to define your worth. Labeling you and saying whether you are good enough or not. But, God says we are enough!
Here's a bit of advice, never allow another persons perception of you, to define you.
Just be you!
If you and I know who we are then we will not be vulnerable to their definition of us.
Their thoughts are only their opinion. Remember, we are not defined by their opinion.
We must choose to accept who the Father says we are. He has the final say so in the matter. His vote is always in our favor. Oh, how He Loves you and me.
Much Love, DeVonne
D's Heart <3
Psalm 139:13-17 KJV
13. For thou hast possessed my reins:(YOU shaped me first inside, then out) thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14. I will praise thee; (THANK YOU) for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (I worship YOU in adoration).
15. My substance was not hid from thee, (YOU know me inside and out, bit by bit, YOU sculpted me from nothing into something) when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16. Thine eyes did see my substance, (Like an open book, YOU watched me grow from conception to birth, all of the stages of my life were spread out before YOU. YOU prepared the days of my life before I even lived one day) yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, (rare and beautiful, I will never be able to comprehend them) O God! how great is the sum of them!
Since, I am a "preachers kid" I was raised in church and I have been in church all of my life. I am called and I am an ordained minister of the gospel. I have worked in ministry for 35 years. To God be the glory! Praise the Lord.
My parents were in ministry for 53 years. During this time, Dad was an evangelist holding revivals, a song leader, a teacher, an intercessor and so much more. However, most of my Dad's service was being a Pastor.
Many times and through many situations, I saw what my Dad dealt with, on a daily basis. Situations that brought him much hurt, bringing him to tears, and many hours of prayer.
As a child, I would be angry when I saw how much pain my Dad endured. I often wondered why he continued to go on. I couldn't understand why, he chose to persevere, instead of throwing in the towel and quitting.
I am thankful, that he was not a quitter! He showed me how to run and finish the race.
Also, through Daddy's life, I learned at an early age the true meaning of this scripture.
Romans 11:29. For the gifts and callings of God are without repentance.
Now, that I am older, I see and understand so much more. It is very clear to me, that He truly loved people, with the genuine Love of God! I am grateful for my Dad, who was my first teacher and my first pastor.
I love you Daddy. I miss you so much! I Thank God for you!
Thank you for living your life in such a way, that there was no misunderstanding any of your intentions.
Striving to live by your example, since your example was Jesus Christ!