"The Night Is Far Spent"
~ DeVonne Reed
August 9, 2015.
Awakened very early again this morning. Sitting here in the presence of the Lord. Doing what I love to do the best, reading, and studying GODS WORD.
In the stillness of the moment, HE began to speak. In the silence I am listening.
Remember SILENT and LISTEN are spelled with the same letters.
This is what HE spoke and told me,
"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."
He instructed me to read the entire chapter of Matthew 23. ALL 39 verses.
(Emphasizing bold lettering is mine.)
My, my, my!
What a chapter indeed! RED LETTERS! JESUS SPEAKING.
1. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to HIS disciples:
2. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must OBEY them and do everything they tell you. But DO NOT do that they do, FOR THEY DO NOT PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH.
4. They TIE UP HEAVY LOADS and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are NOT WILLING to lift a finger to move them.
5. EVERYTHING they do is done for men to SEE: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. They LOVE the place of honor at banquets and the most IMPORTANT seats in the synagogues;
7. They LOVE to be greeted in the
marketplaces and to have men CALL them "Rabbi."
JESUS! The more I read, the more I see. This is exactly what is WRONG in the church, today!
It is time to shake ourselves! Wake out of sleep!
I only shared seven verses! If you want to see why the church is in the fix it is in, go read the rest of the chapter for yourself.
Very powerful WORDS OF WARNING. JESUS SAID, "WOE TO YOU."
YOU meaning: preachers, teachers, hypocrites, teachers of the law, blind fools, blind men, you snakes, brood of vipers, etc. Remember this is not just a man speaking here this is JESUS calling these folks out.
"WOE" to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices-- mint, dill, and cummin. But you have neglected the MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS of the law--
JUSTICE, MERCY, and FAITHFULNESS. You should have PRACTICED the latter, WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE FORMER.
JESUS have mercy!
Beware of FALSE PROPHETS, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
JESUS WARNED about these false prophets, they may even do signs and wonders so great... that IF IT WERE POSSIBLE... THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT.
* If you do not read the WORD for yourself how do you know if what you are being told is the truth?
* My Daddy would always say to me, "Bunny, don't you ever take anyone's word over the WORD of GOD! READ IT FOR YOURSELF, and that way, you will know it, and you will be assured and you will not be deceived."
Thank you Daddy for your love, and your deep wisdom! I am happy, I sat at your table to learn!
Holy Spirit instructed me to speak:
"To OBEY is better than sacrifice. It is time to shake yourselves and wake out of sleep, for the night is far spent cast off your darkness and walk in the LIGHT.
Seek ME while I may be found, CALL ON ME, and I WILL HELP YOU. FORSAKE doing THINGS your own way, for there is a way that seems right to you, BUT, Seek MY WAY. Seek ME, SEARCH OUT the old paths, and walk in them. Seek MY face, Read MY WORD for MY THOUGHTS are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY WAYS, saith the LORD. Let no man DECEIVE you with vain words for because of these things COMETH the WRATH of GOD upon the children of DISOBEDIENCE.
LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a great falling away first. Be NOT SHAKEN in your MIND, or TROUBLED in your SPIRIT, for THE DAY of CHRIST IS AT HAND."
Much Love, DeVonne.
D's Heart <3