Luke 6:47-48 KJV
47. Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48. He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
1. A dwelling place, that serves as living quarters.
2. A building in which something is sheltered.
1. Contain or cover.
2. Domicile providing housing for.
1. A place where you live.
2. A dwelling, housing that someone is living in.
Psalm 139:14-17 KJV
14. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
The Master Builder of This Old House by DeVonne Reed
October 26, 2015.
I know an expert draftsman, HE is the Master Architect. He drew up the blueprint for my house many years ago.
HE knew and designed the exact and perfect floor plan, just for me. HE laid every block of this building according to HIS Master plan.
Over the years many storms have come through, placing wear and tear on the outside as well as the inside of this structure.
These storms have beat and hurled debris, as the tempestuous winds blew in every direction, as the heavy rain, fell against it.
Yes, it has been battered, but only left me with minor damage.
HE was there, all of the time! HE seen all of it. HE didn't seem to despair, HE just started over again, immediately reconstructing, rebuilding, and repairing this old house, from the inside out.
He filled in the broken places, he fixed all of them.
My roof had had a few leaks at one time, but he took off those old torn and shredded shingles. He replaced them with a new metal roof. He has me covered! HE is my covering, HE is protecting me.
With the Master builder on site, my building, it is well kept and maintained by the best! Yes, this old house is still standing!
It is a blessing to know that God has design a specific structure. It is suitable, usable, sustainable and it is mine, and He abides.
In this scripture below, substitute your name in the place of Peter's name.
Matthew 16:18 KJV
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter,
(______place your name here_______)
and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. ~ Jesus
I ask you, how powerful is that?!
Hebrews 3:6 KJV
But Christ as a Son over HIS OWN House; WHOSE HOUSE ARE WE, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
While i was reading the scrioture above, I placed a question mark after these words. "WHOSE HOUSE ARE WE?"
Ask yourself. My answer is, I am HIS!
I decided many years ago to build my house upon the Rock.
This ROCK is Jesus!
HE IS THE ONLY SOLID FOUNDATION.
ALL other ground is sinking sand!
If you feel like your house is falling apart, don't despair. You are able to rebuild. All you need to do is contact the Master builder. He will fix it for you!
Much Love, DeVonne.
D's Heart <3