Romans 3 says,
"Let GOD be true, but every man a liar."
John 6:63 KJV
It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the FLESH profiteth NOTHING: the WORDS that I speak unto you, THEY ARE SPIRIT, and THEY ARE LIFE.
Whose words are we listening to? We choose to believe one or the other.
GOD'S WORD = Spirit and Life
Mans word = enticing words.
* The TRUTH is not always popular and it does not always feel good to our flesh. But The TRUTH will prevail and stand in the end.
* Enticing words, and lies, are beguiling and easier to believe. Oh yes, having someone say just what you want to hear, feels good and it is very soothing to the flesh. Isn't it?
"Oh be careful little ears what you hear." Because, what we listen to and if we listen long enough we will begin to believe it!
1 Corinthians 2:1-5.
1. And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto the testimony of God.
2. For I determine not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and HIM crucified.
3. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4. And my speech and my preaching was not with ENTICING words of man's wisdom, BUT in DEMONSTRATION of the SPIRIT and of POWER.
5. That your FAITH SHOULD NOT STAND IN THE WISDOM OF MEN, BUT IN THE POWER OF GOD.
Colossians 2:4-9 KJV
4. And this I say, lest any man should BEGUILE you with ENTICING words.
5. For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6. As ye have therefore RECEIVED CHRIST JESUS THE LORD, SO WALK YE IN HIM:
7. ROOTED and BUILT UP IN HIM, and STABLISHED IN THE FAITH, AS YE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT, ABOUNDING THEREIN WITH THANKSGIVING.
8. BEWARE LEST ANY MAN SPOIL YOU through philosophy and VAIN DECET, after the TRADITION of men, after the RUDIMENTS of the world, and NOT AFTER CHRIST.
9. For in him dwelleth ALL the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
1 John 4:1-4 KJV
1. BELOVED believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3. And EVERY spirit that confesseth NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is NOT of GOD: and this is that SPIRIT of ANTICHRIST, whereof ye have heard that it should COME; and EVEN NOW ALREADY is it IN THE World.
4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
*IF WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, WE DO NOT HAVE TO BE GULLIBLE!
WE DO NOT HAVE TO BE DECEIVED!
We have been instructed to TEST EVERYTHING!
TEST IT, use the litmus test of the WORD OF GOD!
Litmus test: litmus, a coloring material that turns RED in ACID SOLUTIONS and blue in alkaline soultions.
* BEWARE! Just because you and I may like a person, until we know their fruit, we do not have to eat of it! We are not required to swallow everything that they say! Don't fall for and trip over their baited line, they may be trying to hook you with.
Guard your heart!
Much Love, DeVonne.
D's Heart <3