Reading from several translations.
I chose to post a picture from The Living Bible. Wow! I have read this over and over,
15. O evil man, leave the upright man alone, and quit trying to cheat him out of his rights.
16. Don't you know that this is a good man, though you trip him up seven times, will each time rise again? But one calamity is enough to lay you low.
17.Do not rejoice when your enemy meets trouble. Let there be no gladness when he falls-
18. For the Lord may be displeased with you and stop punishing him!
My thoughts. Malicious actions of a wicked man are futile! Seven is the number of COMPLETION!
IF the RIGHTEOUS FALL and is down, at the hands of others or his own choosing, even being dead he (the righteous) will rise up again!
Both righteous and wicked will receive their rewards. Sometimes in this life...But for certainty in eternity.
Don't be happy, don't rejoice, when you see someone stumble on a path toward disaster. STOP IT! It could be you!
When they fall, lend a helping hand. Lift them up. Instead of leaving them there to die spiritually. Let's encourage them.
They are lying there with wounded hearts and skinned knees, they need to be mended with Gods Love.
Let's pour in the apothecary's ointment. Let's bind up their wounds, until they are restored, completely.
Remember this also.
1 Corinthians 10:12-13. KJV.
12. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth TAKE HEED lest he FALL.
13. There hath NO TEMPTATION TAKEN YOU but such as is COMMON to man: BUT GOD is FAITHFUL, who will not suffer you to be TEMPTED ABOVE that ye are ABLE TO BEAR; BUT WILL with the TEMPTATION also make a WAY TO ESCAPE, that ye may be ABLE TO BEAR IT.