Written by: DeVonne Reed August 27, 2014.
I realize this is a long post. But, it is burning within my heart. I feel the need to share it today.
1. repent, atone, turn away from sin or do penitence.
2. repent, regret, feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about.
Turn away from? What does that mean?
1. To change the position of so as to show the other side.
2. To change the direction or course of. To direct or change one's way or course.
3. To transform or to become transformed; change.
4. A departure or deviation, as in a trend.
It's time for the church to REPENT! IT'S TIME FOR A REVOLUTION!
Revolution: A SUDDEN or momentous CHANGE in a situation.
[< Lat. revolutus, p.part of revolvers, turn over.]
Marked by or resulting in RADICAL CHANGE.
REVOLUTIONIZE: TO BRING about a radical change.
Revolve: To orbit a central point.
To turn on an axis.
To recur periodically.
[< Lat. revolvere, turn over.]
How many of you have ever used revolving doors?
I have. You and I know, we must make the conscious decision of when to exit. Otherwise we will continue to rotate around and around, spinning in the same direction.
Repentance IS NOT a revolving door! It is making the decision to go in a different direction.
To turn away from it and exit! If you are sick and tired of the insanity of doing the same things over and over, expecting them to change, then its time to STOP IT! EXIT the revolving door of sin and REPENT!
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, REPENT: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
And saying, the time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of GOD is at HAND: REPENT ye and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
I tell you, Nay: but, EXCEPT ye REPENT, ye shall all likewise perish.
Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the Holy Ghost.
REPENT ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the LORD.
And the times of this ignorance GOD winked at; BUT NOW COMMANDETH ALL MEN EVERYWHERE TO REPENT.
REMEMBER therefore from whence thou art FALLEN, and REPENT, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly and remove thy candlestick out of his place, EXCEPT THOU REPENT.
REPENT; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and REPENT.
20. BEHOLD I STAND AT THE DOOR, AND KNOCK: IF any man hear my voice, and OPEN the door, I WILL COME INTO HIM, and will sup with him, and he with me.
AGAIN, Repentance is not a revolving door! Until we STOP the old patterns, of living our lives any way we want to, and if we continue to partake of those things we know are wrong, we are not a new creation! Continuing in sin, will separate us from God and we will remain the same old person.
For the wages of SIN IS DEATH; but the GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.
That if thou shalt CONFESS with thy MOUTH the LORD Jesus, and BELIEVE in thine HEART that GOD hath raised HIM from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION.
11. For the scripture saith, WHOSOEVER believeth on HIM shall not be ashamed.
12. For there is no DIFFERENCE between the Jew and the Greek: for the SAME LORD OVER ALL IS RICH UNTO ALL THAT CALL UPON HIM.
13. For WHOSOEVER shall CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.
COME unto Jesus, give Him your life today!
2 Corinthians 6:2.
For HE saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation I have succoured thee: BEHOLD NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION.
2 Corinthians 5:17.
Therefore IF any man be in Christ, he IS A NEW CREATURE:
OLD THINGS are passed away; BEHOLD ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW.
God LOVES you!